SPRU 50th Anniversary Scholarship in UK
To celebrate fifty years of shaping science, technology and innovation research, teaching and policy, we have launched a new scholarship programme to enable the very best students from around the world to study a Masters at SPRU.
The world is in transition and needs new innovation policy for transformative change. Given our rich history SPRU is well placed to support this challenge through teaching the next generation of science, technology and innovation policy leaders as well as developing new research programmes. SPRU has developed a scholarship fund to help students with the most potential and ambition to take a step towards being a future policy shaper.
Over the course of SPRU’s 50-year history many alumni have shaped and are continuing to shape research and policy around the world, based on their initial training at SPRU. The SPRU 50th Anniversary Scholarships are funded by SPRU alumni and friends who share our vision for innovation policy for transformative change.
£10,000 towards fees with any remaining funds to be used to support maintenance.
In order to be considered for the SPRU 50th Anniversary Scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Achieved or expect to achieve a 1st class honours degree (or equivalent if from an overseas institution). However 2:1s or equivalent international classification with excellent supporting statements are also eligible
- Have applied for and been offered a place to study full time on one of SPRU’s five MSc programmes ie. Energy Policy Msc, Project Management Msc, Science and Technology Policy Msc , Strategic Innovation Management Msc, Sustainable Development Msc
- You must apply for an eligible Masters course and receive and accept an offer
- You must meet all the University’s general entrance requirements
- Scholarship value is £10k which is used to offset the cost of fees or to support maintenance. Any remaining funds after the offset of fees are paid as a stipend to support maintenance.
Deadline: 1st July 2017