Deadline: October 6, 2017
Apply for the Sydney Lab Fellowship beginning in 2018. This is an opportunity for policy practitioners to work with the Sydney Lab. The Sydney Policy Lab Fellowship provides the opportunity for policy practitioners to embed themselves in the University environment to undertake a project of their choice for three months (full time) or six months (part time). The aim is to connect practitioners and people in the University to build relationships, spark new ideas, reframe issues and transform policy options and drive positive change in society.
- be assigned a mentor from within the University in a field relevant to their project
- have access to University resources including library facilities and training programs
- work alongside Sydney Policy Lab Fellows and University staff
- audit select University classes
- participate in conferences, masterclasses and networking events
- be part of an alumni network from different sectors and fields of expertise who share a passion for improving lives through better policy development and implementation
- deliver a public talk open to University staff, students and practitioners from the policy community
- produce a short monograph about their research project, written in a way that is accessible to others.
In line with the philosophy of the Sydney Policy Lab, Fellows choose their own project and submit this as part of their application. The aim of this is to ensure the project relates to a real policy challenge people are grappling with, so that the Fellowship experience may assist to address this in a tangible way.
- If your job involves trying to understand and address local or global policy challenges and you are in a position to directly or indirectly influence how this is approached, then you are welcome to apply.
- Application is open to applicants from government, advocacy organisations, community groups, non-government organisations or other non-academic organisations.
- Applicants should have been working in policy-related fields for at least 5 years.
- Applicants who are working in all fields, from science to social work, health systems, wellbeing, housing, education, engineering and technology, economic development, built environment and design, trade and development, human rights are welcome as well, so long they work in the policy-related areas of their job.
- Complete the application form online.
- Completed application form should include:
- Including your aim or reason for applying.
- A short 500 word project proposal.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of Support from your organisation: A letter from an appropriate approval authority in your organisation confirming secondment/time release agreement.
If you have any questions, please [email protected].
For more information, please visit Sydney Policy Lab Fellows.