Alex Waislitz is the founder of the Waislitz Family Foundation with the stated aim of donating $50 million to a range of selected charitable projects.
Global Citizen has a vision of a world without extreme poverty by 2030. Guided by the U.N’s 17 Global Goals for Sustainable Development, they are committed to building the movement of global citizens taking action.
Global Citizen is a community of people like you. People who want to learn about and take action on the world’s biggest challenges—and use their power to get other people involved too.
They will bring your stories and actions that make a difference. That help fight extreme poverty and inequality around the world, and support approaches that will make life more sustainable for people and the planet.
United States, Online
- An annual cash prize of $100,000 recognizing the excellence of one individual in their work to end extreme poverty.
- One winner will be invited to New York to attend the Global Citizen Live event on September 18, 2017 at Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, where they will receive $100,000.
- The winner will also receive airfare and accommodation in New York to attend 2017 Global Citizen Live, Movement Makers, and the Global Citizen Festival the week of September 18-September 23, for the winner and a guest.
- The opportunity to participate in the Global Citizen Live Event, an event with the world’s leaders in business, media, technology and culture convene on September 18.
- Two tickets to the 2017 Global Citizen Festival on September 23, 2017
- Hold a valid passport, and be responsible for any requisite visas required to travel to New York City, for the period 18-23 September 2017;
- Be able to attend the 2017 Global Citizen Live on Monday, September 18, 2017. Attending the Global Citizen Festival in New York City on 23 September 2017 is optional;
- And agree to provide regular written updates to Promoter on their use of the Prize.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.