Deadline: September 30, 2017
Here is your opportunity to add your voice to the foremost conference on climate change, the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change’s 23rd Conference of Parties (COP-23) that will be hosted in the historical city of Bonn, Germany, from November 6-17, 2017. UN-Habitat is inviting and giving an opportunity to young photographers to visually participate in a contest through representing solutions to climate change in their communities.
UN-Habitat is the United Nations programme working towards a better urban future. Its mission is to promote socially and environmentally sustainable human settlements development and the achievement of adequate shelter for all. Mandated by the UN General Assembly in 1978 to address the issues of urban growth, it is a knowledgeable institution on urban development processes, and understands the aspirations of cities and their residents.
- 20 winning images will be selected and displayed at COP-23 and on social media. One image will be selected as the overall winning piece.
- The winner of this contest will be sponsored to a fully funded trip to Bonn, Germany where their work will be displayed to gain exposure on a global environmentally conscious platform. Should the overall winner require a visa, he/she will handle visa paperwork and fees for quick processing of tickets. The visa fee is refundable. Keep receipts for reimbursement. UN-Habitat will provide a supporting letter for the visa application.
- You must be between 18-35 to qualify as a participant;
- Participants from all over the world are encouraged;
- Participants are allowed one entry in to the competition;
- You have to be the owner of and have rights to the image that you submit. By submitting an image you give UN-Habitat the right to share your image on social media, display hardcopies at COP-23 as well as on the UN-Habitat website competition gallery;
- UN-Habitat takes no responsibility for infringement of 3rd party rights. The submitter of the photograph will incur any and all penalties associated with infringing on a 3rd Party’s rights to the photo;
- Entrants may not submit images containing nudity, personal attacks, and expletives.
- Photo entries will be judged based on composition, technical excellence, originality, responsiveness to the theme, and overall impact.
- Post a picture with a caption on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter while tagging @UN-HABITAT and @UN-HabitatYouth using the hashtag #weareclimatechange
- Send a high-resolution image to [email protected], and cc [email protected] together with your full name and contact information (email address, current address and phone number).
For more information, visit UN-Habitat Youth Photography Competition.