UN Internship at Humanitarian Affairs 2017 in Switzerland
In line with the United Nations internship programme, the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs-(OCHA) internship provides a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds gain exposure to the work of the United Nations through assignment to offices within the Secretariat. The Programme endeavours to attract qualified students, offering them an opportunity to enrich their educational experience through exposure to the work of the Organization. Equally, it provides the Office with the assistance of students specialized in various professional fields. The internship is an unpaid and full-time opportunity and the intern must adhere to the established official weekly working hours of the duty station where it is based with one hour for a lunch break.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for internships which relate directly to their studies and/or skills and expertise. Applicants are asked to please indicate preferences which best match her/his suitability and do so carefully in order to enhance the value of the internship for both the intern and the receiving UN department.
The intern will support OCHA in fulfilling its mission to coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors; advocate the rights of people in need; promote preparedness and prevention; and facilitate sustainable solutions.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation from an academic programme.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
- Applicants are not required to have professional working experience
- The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- It provides the Office with the assistance of students specialized in various professional fields.
- Programme endeavours to attract qualified students, offering them an opportunity to enrich their educational experience through exposure to the work of the Organization.
Deadline: 22nd August 2017