Applications are open for the UN SDSN Global Schools Ambassadors Program 2017. Global Schools is an initiative led by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) in support of UNESCO’s Global Action Program on Education for Sustainable Development (GAP-ESD). The vision of the program is to generate interest about sustainable development in schools in an effort to educate and engage students with the SDGs and to encourage them to prioritize the goals in their lifestyles, behaviors, education and professional careers as these goals provide framework for a better world that children could live in the future. The program aims to do this by transforming learning environments globally and making schools the hubs of education and leadership on SDGs, ultimately becoming vehicles for empowering and mobilizing students and young people to help implement the SDGs in their communities.
1. Integrate the Sustainable Development Goals into school settings.
2. Increase the capacities of educators and teachers to more effectively deliver education on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
3. Provide youth with opportunities to engage with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the local level.
- Serving as an ambassador for Global Schools will equip you with knowledge of SDGs and ESD tools to help transform learning environments, promote the SDGs in various school settings, and mobilize young people for the local implementation of the goals in their communities;
- The ambassadors will serve as official spokespersons for the Global Schools program and coordinate local efforts to empower schools and teachers to educate children on the SDGs.
- Candidate MUST possess an excellent command of the English language.
- Candidate MUST have excellent public speaking skills, capable of communicating well with key stakeholders and partners.
- Candidate MUST demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from this position.
- Candidate MUST be able to commit at least 8-10 hours per week for this role.
- Candidate MUST be aged between 18-29 in order to be eligible for this role.
- Candidate MUST be absolutely self-driven, accountable and responsible for meeting his/her goals – as between 18-29 in order to be eligible for this role.
Eligible Regions: Jamaica, Guyana, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Kenya, Rwanda, Nigeria, Philippines