Deadline: July 31, 2017
Applications are open for the UN SDSN Global Schools Ambassadors Program 2017. Global Schools is an initiative led by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) in support of UNESCO’s Global Action Program on Education for Sustainable Development (GAP-ESD). The vision of the program is to generate interest about sustainable development in schools in an effort to educate and engage students with the SDGs and to encourage them to prioritize the goals in their lifestyles, behaviors, education and professional careers as these goals provide framework for a better world that children could live in the future. The program aims to do this by transforming learning environments globally and making schools the hubs of education and leadership on SDGs, ultimately becoming vehicles for empowering and mobilizing students and young people to help implement the SDGs in their communities.
- Serving as an ambassador for Global Schools will equip you with knowledge of SDGs and ESD tools to help transform learning environments, promote the SDGs in various school settings, and mobilize young people for the local implementation of the goals in their communities;
- The ambassadors will serve as official spokespersons for the Global Schools program and coordinate local efforts to empower schools and teachers to educate children on the SDGs.
- Open to passionate, motivated and hardworking young people between the ages of 18-29;
- Applicants should be from any of the eligible countries: Jamaica, Guyana, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Kenya, Rwanda, Nigeria, and Philippines.
- See Position Description here and complete the application. Please upload your CV as an attachment (maximum one page). Applications without a CV will not be considered.
For more information, visit Global School Ambassadors Program.