Deadline: October 25, 2017
Applications are open for the Green Institute Internship Program 2018. The Internship is a training program designed to train students who are about to complete their studies and fresh graduates on environmental sustainability and sustainable practices. Trainees will be placed in sections related to their fields of expertise/interest under close supervision. Training will afford interns the opportunity to have a hands on experience as well as gain relevant skills that will be useful for their professional development.
The Green Campus Initiative (GCI) is the first campus based environmental advocacy organization in Nigeria. It organizes and consolidates the efforts of Nigeria’s college students on campuses across the country to be catalysts of transformative change. GCI tackles the challenges of climate change and environmental sustainability through innovative academic research, results based green initiatives, building a generation of environmentally conscious, socially conscious student leaders.
- Gain practical experience suited to their field of study/interest;
- Have free access to Green Series and Conferences;
- Free access to Green Publications;
- Free or subsidized training on green entrepreneurial opportunities;
- Free Delicious Akara (beans cake) every Thursday;
- Fun team events and board game nights;
- Bicycle- use during period of internship;
- Access to UN-Sustainable Development Network Events;
- One-On-One Mentorship with an industry expert or celebrity.
- Applicant must be a student of an academic institution in Nigeria or graduates of not more than 2 years;
- They must be available to participate in the Green Campus Boot camp.
- Stage 1 – Application and Aptitude Assessment: Once you have completed your application, they will email you an online test that measures logical reasoning and personality fit. Note that in your application, you will be asked to provide email addresses of your referees (at least 2 referees). They will notify you if you advance to stages 2.
- Stage 2 – Submissions: You will receive an email to submit the following:
- 60 Seconds Pitch
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of Recommendations (highlighting your potentials for growth and good behaviour)
- Submission Deadline: November 4
- Stage 3: Interviews: A selected number of applicants will be invited for in-person interview based their aptitude test, recommendations and evaluations scores. If selected, you’ll receive an email two (2) weeks prior to the interview stage, inviting you to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and associates at the Green Institute. Interview dates are from December 12 – 15.
- Stage 4: One Week Boot Camp: Successful applicants will be invited to participate in our one-week boot camp where they will work on a project. GCI is looking for:
- Team Work
- Open to learning and adaptation
- Boot Camp Dates: January 20-24, 2018
- Stage 5: Acceptance: The highest performing participants are accepted into the Internship Program. Internship period begins on April 1
For more information, visit Green Institute Internship Program.