UNFCCC–UNU Early Career Climate Fellowship Programme in Germany
The UNFCCC–UNU Early Career Climate Fellowship Programme offers young people from developing countries a unique opportunity to start their career at the interface between international climate policy development and research. Fellowships may last from six months to two years, and Fellows will be selected based on their skills and backgrounds vis-à-vis the needs of UNU and UNFCCC.
Upon completion of the UNFCCC–UNU Early Career Climate Fellowship Programme, the Early Career Climate Fellows will be able to work in their home countries or internationally, deploying the valuable experience and insights they have gained in Bonn. Academically outstanding young graduates from developing countries who are in early stages of their career, especially women from least developed countries, are encouraged to apply.
Applications are accepted two times a year. In 2018, applications will be accepted within these two phases:
Phase 1: 1-28 February 2018
Phase 2: 16 July – 16 August 2018
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be enrolled in their final term or have recently graduated with top marks plus other indicators of academic excellence from an advanced university degree programme (masters or doctorate) in the environment, climate change, communications, international relations or a related field.
- No professional experience is required, but candidates with up to two years of experience can be considered.
- Applicants should display a strong interest in the interface between international climate policy development and research. Furthermore, applicants should be highly motivated to work and learn in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- Qualified women candidates and candidates from least developed countries are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
A completed application packet consists of the following documents:
- A cover letter setting out how the qualifications, experience and future career goals match the requirements of the programme, a completed and signed Personal History Form (P11) and a CV.
- Applications must be sent via email to climatefellows-at-ehs.unu.edu
- Please send your files as single PDF documents and name them as follows:
2_Statement of motivation
Deadline: 28th February 2018