Fully Funded United Nations/ Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Awards 2017, USA
The United Nations in its desire to promote the highest standard of excellence in political cartoons depicting the spirit of the United Nations has established this annual political cartoon award given in the international field and named the award after political cartoonist Ranan Lurie. Represent work done from the beginning of September 2016, to the 15th of October 2017, reflecting the importance of human dignity, mutual respect, and friendship among nations, as well as economic consideration and environmental responsibilities towards each other.
United Nation’s obligation is fulfilled upon the mailing of the plaques and/or valid checks to the award winners. Checks must be cashed within three months of mailing, after which time the checks will become null and void. The Committee will not be responsible for banking procedures and limitations of any country, or negligence that may create obstacles in cashing the check.
Thirteen Awards will be granted.
- 1st Prize: $10,000 and a plaque
- 2nd Prize : $5,000 and a plaque
- 3rd Prize : $3,000 and a plaque.
- Ten honorable mention plaques granted by
- Entries for these awards may be made by any professional individual, and should consist of political cartoons printed in any publication published anywhere, in any language.
- The entry must consist of reproductions only. The cartoon reproductions will be accepted only as published, with name of publication, language, and date included, accompanied by a newspaper reprint, and translated into English.
- Cartoonists may send in what ever they please, the contest does not encourage maligning member nations.
Deadline: 15th November 2017