University of Queensland Fellowships in Australia
Applications are invited for University of Queensland (UQ) Development Fellowships awarded to early career researchers in Australia. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship program. The University of Queensland Development Fellowships aim to foster development of the most promising early career researchers and retain mid-career and senior academic staff of exceptional calibre at the University. By investing in the best and brightest talent across all career levels, the UQ Development Fellowships facilitate a trajectory of continued excellence and impact in research, teaching and service at UQ. In doing so, the fellowships advance UQ’s strategic objectives in the pillars of Discovery, Learning and Engagement and develop elite professionals who create change in society in multi-dimensional ways.
UQ Development Fellowships may be applied for and awarded funding for up to a maximum of three years full-time, with funding provided centrally in combination with the host Faculty/Institute and/or School/Centre, as per the scheme Guidelines. Fellowships may also be held on a part-time basis (for family/carers or illness/disability) up to a maximum of four years.
All UQ Development Fellowship applicants must apply under one of the following 2018 Capacity Areas, and are required to spend 20% of their time on the Capacity Area during the Fellowship term:
Duration and Level of Funding:
- The Fellowship must be taken up no earlier than 1 January 2018 and no later than 1 January 2019.
- Full-time UQ Development Fellowships are awarded for up to a maximum three (3) year duration (excluding any approved periods of suspension). As above, maximum award duration of four (4) years may be afforded to Fellows who complete period/s of the Fellowship on a part-time basis (excluding any approved periods of suspension).
- The UQ Development Fellowships scheme does not provide research support funding. It is expected that recipients already have, and are able to obtain, research support from external sources.
- UQ Development Fellowships are not bankable or transferable (that is, recipients relinquish these Fellowships on accepting another position or Fellowship).
- UQ Development Fellowships will be funded centrally in combination with the host Faculty/Institute and/or School/Centre
Deadline: 8th September 2017