Fellowship is the flagship annual entrepreneurship-focused, technical innovation challenge and employability programme for the best and brightest female engineering, technology and built environment students to find solutions to global challenges and develop and prepare for industry.
Through Fellowship, WomEng is raising the profile of the engineering sector. WomEng Fellows are not only equipped with highly desirable scarce employability skills, but the knowledge and skills to start-up their own business. WomEng is creating diversity in the engineering industry. WomEng Fellows 2017 also stand a chance to win academic bursaries from Unilever, certified as the Top Employer in Africa for three years in a row.
Each year, the Fellowship programme is set around a trending global theme. In 2015, the United Nations signed into order the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), more commonly known as “The Global Goals” – 17 Goals to be achieved by 2030. In 2017, we are challenging WomEng Fellows to come up with new business ideas and innovations that will contribute to the realisation of one or more of the Global Goals.
- Stand a chance to win a bursary with Unilever, voted the Top Employer in Africa.
- Develop leadership and employability skills.
- Create a business idea that can be scaled.
- Applications are open to female engineering, technology and built environment students currently studying full-time at a South African University or University of Technology.
- Applicants must be in their 2nd to final year (e.g 4th year at university) of undergraduate or full-time postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must commit to attending the full programme from 11th – 14th July 2017.
- Ex-fellows are not eligible to apply.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Complete the application form on the official website. The deadline for submission of completed applications is Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 18h00, SAST.
- Apply for the Unilever Bursary. Link is within the main application form. Highly recommended for 2nd year students to apply.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted in June 2017.
- WomEng covers all costs related to participation in the programme including travel to Cape Town, accommodation, food, facilitation etc. You only have to pay for a small fee of R700 to avoid “no-shows”.
- Further details regarding the programme logistics and planning will be communicated directly to the successful applicants.
- The WomEng Team looks forward to welcoming the Top 60 Fellows to Cape Town in July 2017.
Application Deadline: May 21, 2017 (10 Days Remaining)
For Further Queries
http://www.womengfellowship.org/contact-us.html or send an email to [email protected]