Deadline: October 10, 2017
The IFC Young Professionals Program is the World Bank Group’s flagship recruitment program, which offers a unique opportunity to launch a global career in finance. You join as an Associate in the Investment, Advisory or Treasury streams. You will start in Washington DC and build your expertise through hands on assignments and transactions in different countries. IFC’s approach is to combine rigorous analysis, innovative deal structuring with a focus on financial sustainability and positive development impact.
The program features include
- 3-year program with 2 to 3 rotational assignments either in a regional hub or a different industry department or in another World Bank Group institution;
- Participating units include Financial Institutions Group; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; TMT, Venture Capital & Funds; Public Private Partnership; and Treasury and Syndications;
- Leadership exposure and development that provides strong opportunities for growth;
- Active coaching throughout the program.
The program is structured to provide you with a solid understanding of IFC’s business.
Your responsibilities as an Associate Investment Officer will include the following:
- Analyze operational and financial performance of potential client companies or projects to identify opportunities, address risks, and recommend investment options;
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of new transactions and develop innovative and appropriate financial structures;
- Supervise project implementation, including disbursements;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues to add value to clients’ businesses and achieve sustainable development impact.
- Applicants should have 3 to 6 years of prior relevant work experience (investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, management consulting or Treasury).
- Other requirements:
- Current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar program;
- Possess strong analytical and credit assessment skills, as well as solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis;
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends, sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills;
- Enthusiasm for working in multi-cultural teams and across borders, preferably with experience working in developing countries;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, fluency in other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian) is a plus;
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility.
- Apply here.
- The application deadline is Tuesday, October 10, 2017 by 12 midnight EST.
For more information, visit IFC Young Professionals Program.