Amnesty International (commonly known as Amnesty or AI) is a non-governmental organization focused on human rights. The organization claims to have over 7 million members and supporters around the world. Amnesty International UK (AIUK)’s Individuals at Risk Programme oversees the organization’s work with and for individuals at risk. The program directs campaigning on behalf of particular individuals at risk and aims to support the wider casework needs of the organization through enabling other parts of the organization to work on or with cases, identifying tactical opportunities, developing and leading on project work and maintaining the organization’s portfolio on casework.
Are you interested in doing social work and want to make a difference? are you a creative in writing greeting card and letter? Then apply today!
- Gain experience by working for a major campaigning organization.
- Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive effect on people, communities, and society in general.
- Be a part of a community.
- This volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications.
- Travel expenses will be given.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel
- Administration/clerical skills
- Ability to use email
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- Experience of office administration systems
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Experience of using initiative and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet regular deadlines
- Flexible approach to work
- Reliability and punctuality
- Understanding of and sympathy with the aims and objectives of Amnesty International
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of database entry
- Experience of working in a close and busy team environment
- Experience of, or willingness and ability to learn about, campaigning techniques and projects
- Experience of, or willingness and ability to learn about, working with activists
- Knowledge of social media
- Experience of organising events
- Ability to innovate and be creative
Eligible Regions: Open for All