WSIS Forum Photo Contest 2017 in Switzerland
WSIS is inviting participants to picture how Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs ) are playing an enabling role in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Participate in building a collage of ICT for Sustainable Development photographs from around the world.
Send photos of your projects, people, and organizations that are leveraging the power of ICTs to make difference. The contest runs from 2 March to 2 May 2017.
The three winning entries in the WSIS photo contest will be awarded and presented at the WSIS Forum 2017 12-16 June 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland. In addition the winners will be invited to join ITU’s #ICT4SDG campaign. A dedicated poster and other campaign materials highlighting their work will be created and shared within ITU and its stakeholders.
- The Contest is open to all WSIS stakeholders older than 18 years of age at the time of entry
- All entries must be submitted in English
- Photos should neither violate the rights of a third party, nor contain offensive content
- Photos should have a capture resolution of at least 1600×1200 pixels
- Photos cannot be larger than 7MB
Selection and Prizes
- The selection of winners will be made by a selection committee determined by the Organizer, based on a number of substantial criteria (primarily based on the social impact potential). Decisions of the selection committee are final and without appeal.
- The three (3) winners of Contest to be determined by the selection committee will be announced at the WSIS Forum 2017 www.wsis.org/forum. The Organizer will notify the winners via email prior to the announcement and invite them to attend WSIS Forum 2017.
- Each of the three (3) winners will receive prizes: for the winning photo, and for the first two runner-up photos. The winners will receive the prizes during the WSIS Forum 2017 (12-16 June 2017).
- The three winning entries in the WSIS photo contest will be invited to participate in ITU’s #ICT4SDG campaign which highlights the many ways ICTs are contributing in addressing all the SDGs. A dedicated poster and other campaign materials highlighting their work will be created and shared within ITU and its stakeholders and the winner will have full use of all the material created.
Deadline: 2nd May 2017